Home > General Politics > Feel the pain

Feel the pain

This, word for word, is a comment on my most recent piece for Liberal Conspiracy.

It doesn’t need explanation.  Feel the betrayal.  Feel the pain:

Hello, I normally do not make many comments via the internet, but feel that I do need to at this time.
What I see in the UK is frightening as we all approach Christmas with dread as I will be made unemployed in March 2011 due to government cuts in the RAF.
What will I do to keep my home and my family asIi do not know anyone who wants to employ me due to the very nature of my specialist work for the RAF?
I will be joining demonstrations if I can as I now feel this nation is on the brink of an internal civil war and I am being put on the sacrificial alter of the Conservative party and the poodle Clegg.
Strange that I am now in this position but I know of some men who did not cope well, and I have seen family’s broken up and even some children going into care as they struggled to make ends meet, I hope I never get to that level as I will seek an early exit .
Take care of your family’s as I feel the wind of change will simply sweep many away in the name of ideology.

Categories: General Politics
  1. Mil
    October 20, 2010 at 8:49 am

Thanks for that Paul. There will be many more such voices over the next few years – we will find eloquence in pain and recognition in numbers. It’s time to prepare ourselves for battle.

2. Jon
    October 20, 2010 at 12:22 pm

We must collect these human stories of the Tories’ plans and build them into our economic alternative. These powerful individual instances must stand up against Cameron’s semi-fictional tales of “a black man in Plymouth”, and against the demands of big business and bond traders.

3. Karlis
    October 20, 2010 at 2:25 pm

what can you blather banal evil labour aparatchik kant.
    are you mad, bad or simply stupid?

4. Curly
    October 21, 2010 at 6:48 am

You blog away chap, unless people communicate with one another how the hell are we to know whats going, everybody has a story every one is different this government as I see it through my own experience has lied through the deperation of seeking to get into power. My missus is a carer for our disabled son but she nearly passed away as a result of three botched operations at our local hospital, Plymouth Benefits agency accused us of making it up to gain sympathy and since march this year our benefits have been halted on several occasions thus now putting us in deep debt, I was nearly killed in a crash and apperantly it did not happen but I still sought employment. I have been accused by the benefits agency of working cash in hand yet I was on a government scheme to get me back to work, I could go on like this for hours but I won’t But I’ll end it here with this. We have now been refused housing benefits,council tax support and income support and they even trying to stop our carers allowance saying that we have made our boy’s diagnosis up, we have even been told to not even let him go to sixth form but to make him get a job…..he has the learning age of a five year old. Like you I am trying to work out what to do and my opinion is that if I were not here my family would not be subjected to such despairing levels and would get the help they need, they had it before I lived with my family and look what they have now I cannot allow my missus and kids suffer as a result of me living with them. I’m thinking of an alternative.

5. Karlis
    October 21, 2010 at 4:17 pm

I’m mystified by this to my eye the main problem for people in England is they have too much money. 30% of food they buy they throw away. Behind most spar & co-op shops there’s a bin every day with tens of pounds worth impeccable best before yesterday food. If you are on the lowest rung of society (junkie) tramp you earn £500 per wk avarage just sitting on pavement spare some change easy job no taxes. If you’d rather drink lots of vodka daily than work you go to social services get diagnosed alchoholic get free moneys disabled alowance to enjoy your chosen lifestyle.

To my eye folks complain for mental not economical reasons. They get kicks complaining.

1. April 11, 2012 at 2:16 pm